Questions and Answers
♦ What is a charter school?
Charter Schools are tuition-free public schools of choice.
They are financed through public, local, state and federal funds,
but are independent of local school boards. Premier Charter
School is an innovative public school, which operates under a
charter from the University of Missouri - St. Louis.
♦ How does PCS differ
from other public schools?
- The teaching staff is free to be innovative in its teaching
strategies and responsive to student learning styles.
- The school is accountable; it must meet the educational needs
of students or lose its charter.
- The school is free to develop ties to local institutions and
develop its curriculum independently.
♦ Who governs Premier Charter
The governing Board is comprised of local parents, community
leaders, and individuals who work in the education and business
♦ What will PCS emphasize?
- High standards for students and parents
- Clear and consistent curriculum and content
- Project-based learning
- Character Education
- Integrated technology
- Elective course enrichment
- Before and after school programs
♦ What does the educational program
The education program will include English Language Arts
(reading, writing, oral communication), Mathematics, Science,
Social Studies, Character Education, Computer Technology, Art,
Music, Spanish, Physical Education and Health. The program
will meet or exceed the Missouri State Standards.